Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Does anyone remember Alvin and the Chipmunks?

I am fairly certain I have a clear picture of them in my mind despite the intervening alcohol infused years since I saw them last. Nevertheless the people who have decided to bring them to the big screen in the company of Jason Lee as David, their 'father', feel that they must be dressed so that they will be refused entry to shopping centres. I realise they wore baggy clothes, but it was the 80s and I don't feel it should have been taken as an invitation to invoke gangsta rap. In fact any bit of rap instead of their normally harmonious chessy pop and I won't be happy.

1 comment:

Eamonn said...

Tagline: "Here comes trouble"

Have movie studios gotten so arrogant that they are now teasing the public in advance about how crap their movies are going to be?