Thursday, June 21, 2007

Top 6 Friday - Misleading Trailers

I've had enough of damn movie studios and their misleading trailers. Almost without fail, every "blockbuster" this summer has failed to live up to the promise of their trailer (Spiderman 3 being by far the biggest culprit). I say its about time that the studios bit the bullet and let the guys who make the trailers to make the movies.

So help me, if Transformers sucks I'm never getting excited about a movie ever again.

To draw attention to this issue I've decided to combine 2 of Dossing Times biggest features; Top 6 Friday and 15 Minutes of Youtube. Ladies and Gents, I give you the Top 6 Misleading Trailers in the history of cinema.

Enjoy

Number 6

Number 5

Number 4

Number 3

Number 2

Number 1

5 comments:

CK said...

I suppose all trailers are intended to make the movie look as attractive as possible. The trailer issues that come to mind for me are the disappointment that the 'Lord Vader' - 'Yes Master' - 'Rise' exchange between Vader and the Emperor in the last Star Wars movie trailer was strung together and didn't actaully happen and secondly, the trailer for 'Avengers' with Uma Thurman and Ralph Fiennes looked bloody awesome and actually stunk to high hell!

John Cav said...

Sweet top six you have offered here.

However, I wouldn't actually call that Top Gun trailer misleading. It is a pretty gay movie; "riding my tail" for example.

Eamonn said...

My mistake John. Thanks for pointing that out.

Anonymous said...

Great top 6!!

There´s more mash-ups at weshowOdd and virals videos

jertag653 said...

great trailers, they were hilarious.