Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Dumb and Dumber

I hate lazy cliche.

So one thing I won't do when talking about the current spat between America and Russia is say that George Bush is trying to restart the...no I won't even type those two words. You know the ones. Suffice to say, they sound like 'Old bore' and mean 'Frigid conflict'

So, George Bush wants to build a missile defence system in Eastern Europe and Vladimir Putin has threatened to point missiles at Europe to deter him.

Whilst busy getting in the sly dig about Russia's democratic system, George still found time to assure Vlad' (Can I call him that?) that Russia is not the enemy. Well, I should hope not, although in fairness to Vlad', it is difficult to say exactly who is America's enemy these days.

Still, if you're not the enemy what have you to fear from America building a missile defence system on your border? It's just like the Patriot Act. Only the "enemy" should be worried.

May I close by offering Vlad one piece of advice? Trying to deter America, especially 21st century America, by threatening France and Germany might not be the best way to go.

Just a thought.

No comments: