Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Easy peasy Chocolate orange and rum cheesecake.

I have been getting some hits about cheesecakes recently so I thought I should share my easy method of making tasty cheesecake. This recipe is idiot proof. First take some chocolate chip cookies. About 2 packets of chocolate chip cookies. (about 400g) and crush them. To make the base
Then melt about 50g of butter in a saucepan at a low heat. Next put the crushed cookies in to the saucepan. Keep stirring until the chocolate in them is kind of melting and the mixture is getting darker and a wee bit moist. Then put contents of the sauce pan into a cake tin. (or any thing suitable.) And flatten it out until fairly even.
To make the filling
Next put a packet of orange jelly ( if you are American this is not what you put on toast. I think it is jello to you. But don't quote me on that) into a mug of boiling water and allow to melt. Once it is melted place inside a blender. Add half a carton of cream (not sure of the volume but half the standard Irish carton) Add a tub of Philadelphia Cream cheese. Add about a breakfast serving of fresh squeezed orange juice not concentrate . Then add a shot or two of rum. Blend this . Then melt some chocolate about 125g. add this into the blender and blend. Taste the mixture and add more orange, chocolate or rum if you think it needs it.
The finish
Pour the blended mixture on to the base in the cake tin. If you want to be fancy. Melt some more chocolate. Using a spoon carefully let the liquid chocolate trickle on to the surface of the Cake. And make swrilly shapes. Then carefully place into the fridge. Should be ready in a few hours.
This recipe can be adapted to many flavors. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds super tasty, I'll give it try and let you know how it goes.

JL Pagano said...

Edmund Blackadder once said about cotton [paraphrase]:

"I'm one of those people who's perfectly happy to wear cotton without wanting to know exactly where it comes from."

I'm kind of like that about cheesecake, though I'm not sure if I'd want to wear it.

El Matador said...

I think you'll get some sort of award from the Irish Blog Awards for this recipe. I gather it's pretty popular at their end ;)

Anonymous said...

This cheesecake is awesome - it tastes really original. And it's even better the day after it's been made.