6. The twist at the end of last years final episode was of course that we had been viewing a flash forward as opposed to flash back, subtely revealing that Jack and Kate had left the island. Producers have revealed that the coming episodes will have both flash backs and flash forwards, leaving us guessing as to the structure of the show as well as the character the episodes will centre on.
5. Michael and his son Walt, who appeared to have been given their freedom from the island by 'the Others' at the end of series two will return. His son of course 'appeared' to John Locke in the final episode of the last series and producers have stated they have a solution to the fact that the actor playing Walt will have grown substantially, even though the character has only been away from the island for a number of weeks.
4. The first episode will focus on multiple characters as opposed to just one.
3. Libby, a short-lived character, thanks to a gun wielding Michael, who never the less played a part in the past lives of both Hurley and Desmond, will reappear in multiple flashbacks.
2. The show's producers have already figured out what they will do with the mysterious character of Jacob, who to date has literally has been an invisible man. Picking his words carefully, executive producer Carlton Cuse said, "Yes, we do know how Jacob will be depicted. Notice the careful wording of my answer. And no, Jacob did not appear before he was met by Locke." Cuse also declined to say whether an actor had been chosen to portray the character.
1. In the spirit of some of the episodes find here a nicely obscure teaser video presented at Comic Con, a specially made clip, with a familiar face making a confession.