Sunday, June 18, 2006

Leaving Cert Maths

I just had a look at the controversial leaving cert question. And I have to say it was quiet difficult now I could do it. But then again I have done physics in collage for 5 years so I would want to be able to do a leaving cert maths paper. Still though it requires a definite analytical thinking that many at that stage will not have. However the leaving cert is to much of a test of learning not skill so I think this is a good thing that papers are more challenging. With the points system it should not effect peoples collage chances that much as everyone is in the same boat. However it should be in all subjects as some people will be depending on different subjects i.e expecting Maths to bring up English.

Anyone have a picture of the question? It was in the Sunday Indo

No comments: