Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I need your help

I have been enlisted to help with the Christmas dinner. I have to make the starters and desert. Any suggestions on what starter to make would be welcome. Also the dessert is going to be a cheesecake my specialty I really do the best cheesecake (according to people who eat them but they could be just being nice) So I have to decide between my piece de resistance a chocolate orange and rum cheesecake with chocolate chip base. Or a baileys cheesecake that I have never done before. Edit: my recipe for Chocolate Orange and Rum Cheesecake is here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with Mr Mulley - can you deliver one of each before Christmas Eve?

Auds said...

How about both? That tends to please everyone. And its Christmas..

I've a recipe for a baileys cheesecake made with marshmallows instead of gelatine which is very very yummy. The gelatine standard type one is quite nice but the pink marshmallow one is heavenly.

If you want it I'll try and look it up.

Student said...

I can't cook to save my life, but I think if you'd risk it, Bailey's cheesecake would be an excellent choice. Or as auds says, making some of each would keep everyone happy. But bailey's cheesecake is amazing:

Bailey's Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe

Fiona de Londras said...

In terms of suggestions for a starter why not just do a simple smoked salmon and light green salad starter. Alternatively, for a little more richness, how about splashing out on some really good pate. The other altnerative is to make some small canopes - feta with tomatoe and basil, salmon mousse, roast vegetables, mini brushcettas etc.... Not hugely christmassey but can be done well in advance, very tasty, lots of choice for everyone, and not too heavy to distract from the main event (alternatively skip straight to cheesecake - yum!)

Student said...

oh guys, just to let you know, I've memed you all. [Apologies if someone else has already.]

Anonymous said...

One of the easiest peasiest starters ever is bruschetta. All you need is a French Stick, cut in to slices. Brush both sides with olive oil and a garlic clove and pile on finely chopped tomato, red onion and fresh basil for the basic recipe. Bung it under the grill and you're done. After that you can customise it to your heart by adding olives, grated cheese etc. Super tasty, cheap and easy to do.