Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I swear allegiance to the 12 stars of Europe.

When immigrants come into America they have to swear allegiance to America. I presume when they enter Ireland they have to swear an oath to the constitution or the country. (if not they probably should. Also I am being sloppy here not looking it up but its late.) However under new guidelines being discussed in Europe they want them to swear an oath of allegiance to EU laws and the European Charter of Fundamental Rights,. Is this just the start of an European superstate. They are just by passing the whole national government. I am an Irish person first European Second and I would expect any emigrant to be the same. (well Irish before European anyway and there kids should be Irish first). It seems some in Europe want to erode our national identities this is Europes great assist its diversity but some seem to want to create a homogeneous identity like America Also i Know i was suppose to have a follow up article but I haven't got around to it yet.

No comments: